A much awaited Bollywood rom-com, Cocktail is a movie under Saif Ali Khan’s banner Illuminati Films. Starring Deepika Padukone, Saif Ali Khan and Diana Penty in the lead roles, this movie sure shows promise. What’s more is that Anaita Shroff Adjania needs to be given a well-deserved credit for her styling Saif, Deepika and Diana in the movie. Cocktail is a modern take on relationships among friends and lovers. Anaita has translated the theme story of Cocktail into the attire of its leading actors. Urban Style Guide brings to you style tips inspired from the hot new Bollywood film, Cocktail. This sure seems like one heady cocktail that everyone is going to love.
1. Color Me from Head-to-toe: Well, going by the latest trend, ladies could glam up themselves in a single color from top to bottom, or maybe even with different variants of the same color and add just a dash of accessories in a contrast. Diana Penty and Deepika Padukone both have been spotted wearing ethnic outfits from the brand Melange. It sure has a fresh take on Indian ethnics with respect to colors and fits. Check Deepika’s red ethnic Indian wear outfit!
2. The Playsuit: The playsuit is just a really short jumpsuit as we all know. Diana Penty has done a good job carrying it off with such elan. Think colorful patterns, geometric prints. Dress up or dress down owing to the occasion. Even top it off with a casual open buttoned shirt thrown in. This could do wonders to show off your mile-long legs!
3. Quintessential Classics: It’s back to basics and you can never go wrong with those. Just remember to keep it fresh. Check out Deepika’s striped casual dress and even Saif’s plain shirt and jeans combination. Pair your dress, ladies, with a bright sling bag in a color that screams “look at me”. Men could always perk it up a notch by teaming that shirt-jeans combo with a slinky belt or even a narrow knitted tie in shades of blue or even mint green. These things never go out of style and at times are life savers.
4. Quirky shorts: Shorts is the way to go. Check out Saif in the movie wearing Military greens, ones with cool pockets but its a look that would look great on ladies as well. Pair them up with funky flip-flops or even loafers and you’re set.
5. Formal wear: Breeze through meetings and right in to the pub with formal wear that’s different from the regular fare. Saif looks dashing in his blazer and trousers attire. It’s a full blown formal look accentuated with a quirky shirt or a fun pair of shoes. Look towards Oxford shoes for some inspiration. Full lace or even crochet shirts are hot this summer, ladies, you could definitely wear these under your blazer to put together that perky yet professional look. Pair your blazer with skinny jeans or leather shoes or neon shoes/shoelaces! Go with bizarre or striking colors like fuschia pink, tangerine orange or even turquoise shades. Match your shoes to your bright colored inners/shirts. You guys can always accessorise with a great tie if that’s not your style. Check out knitted ties from Ralph Lauren. They are new on the block and also have a variety of colors to choose from.
6. Statement accessories: Well a good fashion accessory can make or break your look. One think you wouldn’t fail to notice in the movie, are the elaborate hats worn by Deepika in the picturesque setting. Hats with wide brims and even the straw hats. You could choose to experiment from a wide range. Think patent leather pumps or clutch, a single brilliant bracelet or even a skinny leather belt should do. Subtle hint, Leather! Diana Penty’s character Meera has been seen sporting a lot of accessories to add a dash of glamour to her otherwise relatively conservative outfits.